Financing your purchase
We have a range of mortgage and loan options for your property purchase from our specialist banks and mortgage brokers.
Mortgage requirements in Ghana are identical to the UK. In order to be approved for a loan you will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be creditworthy with no history of bad debts,
- Can provide adequate security for the loan,
- Have enough funds for the deposit,
- Are financially able to repay the mortgage ,
- Prospective applicants must be at least 18 years old and not older than 65.
The length of the mortgage cannot extend past a person’s retirement age. Mortgage applicants older than 55 should ensure they can secure a 15 year life insurance policy before applying for the mortgage.
The applicant must be able to provide evidence (bank statements, pay slips and tax returns) of their gross monthly income. Self-employed applicants will have to provide evidence of their salary from a registered accountant.
The documents required for a mortgage application are as follows:
- Proof of identification – passport, driving license.
- Proof of employment – a current contract from your employers, or for self-employed people, a certified statement of income.
- Proof of income – Most recent 3 months’ pay slips or self employed foreign residents may submit tax return forms for 3 financial periods.
- Proof of address – utility bills, rental agreement etc.
- Credit history report.